Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sleepy Sisters

I need to start this blog by confessing that I stood my sister up this morning. We had planned our run all day yesterday. Now...keep in mind that Amy Jo really likes her sleep. On the days that she doesn't have to be at work until 9:30, she typically sleeps until 9:00. (She amazes me with her ability to shower and just walk out the door. I guess that's the blessing of straight hair that doesn't dry into a big Christmas tree on top of your head.)

So, anyway, we had planned to meet at my place to run around 7:30 this morning. I told her she better have Ben (her husband) wake her up so she didn't oversleep. She assured me that she would be up.
I awoke with a start this morning when I saw that the sun was up. In that fuzzy haze before I was fully aware of the day and what I needed to do, I thought I was late for something. When I saw that it was only 6:00, I remembered that I didn't need to be up for another hour. I snuggled back under the covers thinking that I would just snooze until Amy Jo got to my place. I woke up a few times over the next couple hours only to close my eyes again, thinking how nice it was that I could actually sleep in. When 8:00 rolled around, I noticed that Amy had sent me a text around 7:30 telling me that she would be at my place soon. I got up and replied to her text. I dressed and went outside, waiting in the driveway for Amy to arrive. That's when I got the text that said she had already been to my house and saw me sleeping so soundly that she didn't want to wake me. :-)

Now, THAT is a sweet sister. Knowing that my days of sleeping past 6 AM are pretty much over, she chose to let me sleep...even though she had crawled out of her cozy bed and driven to my house prepared to run. I felt horrible, but she assured me that she didn't mind going back home to crawl in bed for another hour.

Maybe we'll try again tomorrow. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment