Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Brand New Endings...

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~Anonymous

This quote has made me ponder today. I'm at a point in my life where I never thought I would end up. You know...you dream of a beautiful wedding, a few kids, a cute house with a yard. But one day you wake up to a new reality. You find yourself as a single mom of four beautiful children, trying to finish college, work full-time, and pay off mounds of debt. It would be so easy to ask, "Why?" but instead, I'm trying to ask "Why not?"

What if my life HAD gone exactly as I planned? What if I woke up every day to a reality like the ones we see on TV? The things I've faced in the last several years have made me stronger...made me who I am today. So why would I question the things that are stretching me and making me lean on my Savior? We all tend to complain when faced with trials but God's Word tells us to do otherwise.

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." James 1:2-4

So, from now on I will do my best to be joyful...even in the trials. I'm trying to remember that God sees the big picture, while I only see a little piece of the puzzle, and He is using these trials to make me perfect and complete. I can't go back and make a brand new start. But God has showered me with the grace and mercy I need to start right now and make a brand new ending. How can I complain in light of that? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment